Historically, people who suffered with persistent sinusitis were limited to two treatment options: medication therapy or aggressive sinus surgery. Advances in treatment technology have now given you another, more successful option. It’s a brief treatment that can be performed in our office, and it does not require cutting or tissue removal.
It’s called Balloon Sinus Dilation (Balloon Sinuplasty).
Depending on the precise cause of your sinus problems, you may have the opportunity to benefit from this innovative, minimally invasive office procedure that delivers immediate and long-lasting relief.1
Balloon sinuplasty lets you enjoy breathing easy again with these benefits:1
- Convenience – typical procedure lasts about an hour
- Comfort – performed in our office with local anesthesia
- Effectiveness – a long-lasting solution for the main cause of sinus problems: blocked sinus passages
- Rapid Recovery – patients return to normal activity in 1-2 days, with many going back to work the next day!
How Does Balloon Sinuplasty Work?
Balloon dilation restores the drainage and airflow that keep your sinuses healthy and functioning normally.
- Dr. Khanna and Dr. Wall will gently insert a catheter with a small balloon into the treatment area.
- The balloon is inflated for 5 seconds to open and reshape the sinus passages.
- The balloon is then deflated and removed.
- By opening the sinus passages, normal drainage and function is restored.